Monday, July 9, 2007

You better get your hopes up!!

I have watched the Simpson's since season 5, on the sligh at first when my Baptist pastor father forbade it. I later forced him to watch it and turned my family into a loyal Simpson's fanbase. As a loyal fan for many a year, I have dreaded the coming of this day, as I and my friends have long supposed that this would be the day the music died and the Simpson's finally force the transition into a format they cannot possibly support. When I heard the news of the movie being produced, I knew I would see it, but thought of the event more as a wake then a wedding. But as the day approaches, I cannot help but be hopeful. Perhaps, just perhaps they - like Homer across the Springfield gorge - can make that giant leap from the lion's mouth and prove their worth.

Will it happen? We will know in a matter of weeks, but I cannot help but get my hopes up....


3 comments:

George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George said...

As one of those supposing friends, I can't help but agree. I'm going in with the notion, "This will probably suck." But, despite my best efforts, I can't fully suppress that tiny glimmer of hope deep down inside who desperately dreams that it won't.

But you gotta admit that spider-pig gag was pretty hilarious.

Woo Hoo! 18 more days!

Ben Martin said...

The gags will be hilarious, but will they be able to hold together a feature-length story? That, I believe, will be the biggest challenge.