Sunday, September 27, 2009

The 2009 Cleveland Browns Really Suck

I have lots of things I can blog about and will in the coming weeks. Today, the subject of the day is the Cleveland Browns.



I have been a Browns fan since 1985, and I've been a student of the game and Browns history ever since. I know about the good years - decades before my birth. I have lived through some very bad years. I have faithfully supported my team through thick and thin. Simply put: the 2009 Cleveland Browns are the very WORST Browns team they have ever fielded. Brady Quinn, DA, Eric Mangini, Wimbley, Mr. Lerner, name your Browns employee. Basically everyone but Shaun Rogers needs to go. I deserve better than this. We all deserve better than this.

Today, the Browns made me watch them loose to the Baltimore Ravens again, and it's insulting to all of us.

Like all businesses, the Browns trouble starts at the top with the leadership in the front office. The Rooney family is a model for great NFL ownership. They hire the right people, support the organization, enforce the right culture - a professional and honorable culture, and they draft so stinkin' well.

Until the city of Cleveland demands a level of commitment from the team equal to OUR commitment to the Browns, we'll always be the bottom feeders. People don't make fun of me for being a Browns fan. They just feel sorry for me. I feel sorry for me too.

Cheers - cause I'm so British,
tango

2 comments:

Tango the gifted Llama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tango the gifted Llama said...

This afternoon after church, Kyle and I were in line at Subway when the subject of just how awful the Browns are came up. The lament carried on as it has all week. I ended, and I turned back to the sandwich counter.
A moment passed, a woman ordered a second sub sandwich and I let out an audible grown...

"UUGGHHH!"

She stopped and turned to me.

"What's a matter? You don't like turkey?" she said, a little annoyed that I sounded disgruntled.

"No, no. I'm sorry," I said. "I'm just a Browns fan and I'm thinking about how much today's game is going to hurt."

Stupid Browns. I hate them so much for making me love them so much.