Saturday, May 30, 2009

What was lost is found

True stories of the Internet and the times we live in.


View Larger Map

Monday morning, I woke up in Cincinnati, Ohio after participating in Gheorghe's wedding. Myself, Cre, the guys, and their respective wives piled into a 15-passenger van and drove for home. Around lunch time, we stopped on Route 70 some 45 minutes short of Wheeling, WV for lunch. Having my fill on gas station food, Cre and I decided to grab a quick bite at Denny's. When we arrived our home that evening, I found that my iPhone was missing. I then took the following steps:

1) Cre looked up all Denny's resturants on Route 70 using her iPhone and found the number for the Denny's we were at
2) I called the Denny's. They had my phone. I called my phone to verify.
3) I logged into Fedex.com and scheduled a pickup at the Denny's for Tuesday at a time when the Manager I had spoken to would be on duty.

Tuesday, I got a call from the Denny's and the Fedex guy. He had my phone and was shipping it. All he needed to confirm was my Fedex account number.

Wednesday afternoon, my iPhone was back in my possession, in need of a full re-charging.

So to recap:
Monday: loose phone in Eastern Ohio
Wednesday: have phone back on my doorstep

Lost iPhone + wife's iPhone + Google Maps + Fedex.com = Returned iPhone

Yeah Interweb.

Cheers - cause I'm so British,
tango

No comments: